Wellesly Road crossing improvements. Public realm.
Delivery Body: Croydon Council
Coast to Capital LGF Allocation: £2.19m
Match Funding Contribution: £2.30m
Project Status: Complete
Summary of Project
The Connected Croydon programme sets to transform the town centre by creating a more attractive environment in which to walk, live, work, socialise and do business. Improvements have been made to Wellesly Road that include landscaping, de-cluttering, new street furniture, cycle parking and trees planted as well as upgrades to pedestrian crossings, footpaths, cycle ways and roads.
The Local Growth Funds have contributed to construction on this project.
- 10,839sqm public realm improved
- 4 apprentices
- 0.429km of new roads / cycle ways
- 128 Temporary construction jobs
- 2,192sqm of footpaths
- 6,406sqm carriageway
- 2,241sqm of landscaping
- 72 trees planted
- 84 items of redundant street furniture and lighting removed
- 8 cycle parking spaces created
- 15 public seating created
- 4 new / improved pedestrian crossing