Upgrade and enhance Brighton and Hove's existing ITS infrastructure especially the A23, A259 and A270
Delivery Body: Brighton and Hove City Council
Coast to Capital LGF Allocation: £1.8m
Match Funding Contribution: £603k
Project Status: Complete
Summary of Project
Brighton’s Intelligent Transport System (ITS) plays a vital role to the growth of the local economy by reducing congestion and making Brighton a viable economic area. New infrastructure will also contribute to a safer city for pedestrians and all road users.
The Local Growth Funds awarded have been used throughout this project and enabled its continued success.
- Infrastructure including:
- 36 Bluetooth receiver units for vehicle recognition
- 21 Bus lane enforcement automatic number plate recognition [ANPR] cameras
- 7 Variable Message Signs [VMS] for car parks and travel information
- 5 CCTV
- 11 replacement crossings
- 5 new signal installations
- 2 In-station installed