The Coast to Capital Business Recovery Grants scheme is aimed at helping small to medium sized organisations in our area recover and grow from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. This £2.1m grant fund is designed to boost the local economy, increase job creation and retention and add social value.
Key details of the scheme:
- Total of £2.1 million funding available
- Grant range £10,000 to £170,000
- Grant funding must be matched by the applicant (at least 50% of project value)
- Grant funding must be spent on capital items only (match can include revenue costs)
- Grant funding can only be claimed back once spent.
- Grant purchased items must be bought and claimed back before 31st March 2021.
Eligibility requirements for applicants:
- Small to Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs), Social Enterprises, and Charities (1-249 FTE person workforce) are all eligible to apply for this funding
- Organisations must be based and trading in West Sussex, Brighton & Hove, East Surrey, Croydon, or the Lewes District
- Organisation must be established and trading for at least 1 financial year
- Minimum grant eligible to apply for on this scheme is £10,000
- The Business Recovery Grant cannot fund staff, building work, office furniture, or vehicles of any description
- Applicants from all sectors are eligible to apply for this funding, but we will be prioritising applicants from the following sectors:
- Travel &Tourism
- Sports & Leisure
- Entertainment & Arts
- Food & Drink
- Retail & Wholesale
- Aviation & Supply Chain
- Advanced Engineering & Manufacturing
- Horticulture & Viticulture
- Health & Life Sciences
This is a competitive scheme and not first-come-first-served.
Please note that all correspondence for this scheme will be handled via email at email@example.com
Equality & Diversity:
Our region is a diverse one, in every sense - geographically, economically, socially, and demographically. We regard this is a major asset. When we bring people together, and work inclusively to make the most of their potential, we achieve our best. We pride ourselves on our approach to equality and diversity which is one of our corporate values. We are committed to creating an inclusive organisation which promotes and values equality and diversity in everything we do. Therefore it is vital that the organisations we work with represent, champion and build on this approach.
A process map is available in the Related Resources section of this page, which outlines the necessary steps from application to receipt of the grant, as is a list of FAQs, Grants Approval Panel Terms of Reference and our Assurance Statement for the scheme.