- £31.1m European Regional Development Fund (ERDF);
- £28.3m European Social Fund (ESF), and;
- £3.8m European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
Local European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) strategies are implemented through the process of issuing calls for projects. Bidding in response to Calls is open to all organisations that meet the eligibility criteria as ESIF funds are subject to European Commission (EC) open procurement regulations. Calls are usually time limited and will be issued at different times throughout the programming period.
The ESIF Strategy's Priority Areas (PAs) include support for:
- Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) innovation and Research & Development (R&D)
- Business competiveness
- Adoption of low carbon technologies
- Skills to support future growth
- Employment focused social inclusion
- Support for the rural economy