The UK will leave the EU on 29 March 2019. Leaving the EU means your business may need to prepare for change.
Delivering the deal negotiated with the EU remains the government’s top priority. With an implementation period until December 2020, this would give businesses stability, certainty and time to prepare for our new relationship after EU Exit. However, the government must plan for every possible outcome including no deal. Without a deal businesses may need to take action before 29 March 2019.
The Coast to Capital Growth Hub is a government funded service to provide free and impartial support, bringing you all the help that your business needs to achieve your growth goals. We are currently looking for feedback on how we can best support you with Brexit preparations, please get in touch via the contact us page to speak to your local account manager.
Central Government are interested in hearing your views and we have been asked to share feedback on behalf of the businesses in the Coast to Capital area. We will be collecting responses in a number of ways but if you have any thoughts you would like to share please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prepare your business for the UK leaving the EU
These are links to the information resources produced by HMRC, GOV.UK and other support organisations which are contain useful information for businesses in the run up to Brexit.
A tool has been developed for businesses to help you prepare for EU Exit. It asks you to answer 7 questions across key business operation areas that will be impacted and then pulls together guidance from across Government relating to your circumstances.
Use this tool to find out:
- what your business may need to do to prepare for the UK leaving the EU
- what’s changing in your industry
- information on specific rules and regulations
Links to Resources
The Preparing for EU Exit website is the central site for guidance aimed at businesses and individuals, please see the link here.
The British Chambers of Commerce have developed a preparation checklist which has been prepared in response survey findings, which suggest that a significant number of firms are either watching and waiting – or taking no action at all.
See support available in your local area below:
- North East Growth Hub have brought together business support and access to finance schemes, resources and events to help your business prepare for Brexit.
- Greater Manchester Growth Hub have the latest news, practical guides and advisors ready to help you to continue to grow.
- The London Growth Hub Business Resource Hub will be continually updated with news, factsheets and events in London, to help you and your business prepare while we await more information on how Brexit will be implemented.
- The Heart of the South West Growth Hub have access to a range of resources provided by Government and partners which aim to help businesses plan for the various Brexit scenarios they may face.