We believe we are uniquely placed to add value on the Government's high level priorities such as addressing the skills gap, making effective infrastructure investments to support economic growth and delivering sufficient houses and business space to support the economy. Raising the profile of our region on the national stage will increase awareness of the opportunities for investment that Coast to Capital offers.
What we do
We use the knowledge of our Board to engage with government on unlocking growth at local level. We provide effective leadership in this area to support local authorities and contribute fully to ongoing devolution discussions. Our contribution to the debate will be firmly rooted in our experience in delivering our local strategies for transport, infrastructure, skills and business competitiveness and our understanding of what the economy and business needs.
Strategic Leadership priorities in 2017/18
- Developing a new Strategic Economic Plan
- Lobbying for critical upgrades to the Brighton Main Line
- Advance the reccommendations from the Housing and Regeneration task force
- Taking forward the Science and Innovation Audit
- Progress the Newhaven Enterprise Zone