This is in addition to the £240m of funding previously committed by the Government. Over the lifetime of the Deal (up until 2021) Coast to Capital estimates that up to 40,000 new jobs could be created, 13,000 new homes built, and that this investment has the potential to generate a further £600,000,000 in public and private investment. It is currently funding over 50 projects in the area.
The £66m of additional projects to be funded under Growth Deal 3 are:-
- Croydon Fairfield Halls & College Green regeneration – a mixed-use scheme that will transform the central site into an inspiring mixed-use and modernised vibrant cultural, creative and educational quarter.
- Horley Business Park Access Road – improving access to a new strategic employment site north of Gatwick along the M23.
- Burgess Hill – a package of infrastructure works and sustainable transport schemes.
- Sussex Bio-Innovation Centre, Brighton & Hove – a new facility at the planned Life Sciences building at the University of Sussex.
- Black Rock Site Redevelopment, Brighton & Hove – will create a new world-class conference centre.
- Worthing Central (Phase 1) - will see a comprehensive transformation in the town centre, specifically focusing on Teville Gate and Union Place.
- Decoy Farm, Worthing – will unlock a former landfill site near East Worthing Station to become commercial business space.
- New Monks Farm, Shoreham– improving the road network to unlock major development for the town.