Stonepillow offers shelter, information and support to empower homeless and vulnerable individuals to make positive changes in their lives. This multi-award winning homeless charity operates in Chichester, Arun, Bognor Regis and the surrounding areas.
Homelessness is a significant issue for the UK and our region in particular:
• Over 4,100 are currently sleeping rough in the UK
• UK life expectancy is 79, for someone sleeping rough its just 47
• Homelessness grew 30% in the South East between 2015 – 2016
• The South East is joint 1st in having the most people sleeping rough in 2016
• Studies show 1/3 couldn’t afford their rent or mortgage if they were out of work for more than a month.
Coast to Capital provides leadership, investment and business support to grow the regional economy, and we recognise the importance of ensuring those most vulnerable receive our support. By partnering with Stonepillow we are delighted to support a charity making great strides in tackling a key issue within the region.
Over the coming year, Coast to Capital will be offering Stonepillow our expertise not only in understanding the local labour market but through our business advisers, in addition to corporate volunteering opportunities.
For more information please visit www.stonepillow.org.uk