According to the Department for International Trade (DIT) firms new to exporting experience on average a 34% increase in productivity in the first year, and are 11% more likely to survive. The current thrust of Government growth policy has a heavy focus on trade and exporting. Coast to Capital reflects this in our strategy to increase International Trade, Foreign Direct Investment, and International Business Tourism.
Coast to Capital has a number of advantages in relation to these three aspects of our strategy:
- The UK's second international airport, with ambitions to develop new routes, many of them in growth markets, and to build business traffic
- Other excellent transport and access routes including two international ports linked to Northern Europe
- International location brands such as Brighton and Gatwick Airport
- Through Croydon, a close tie to London, a world capital city
- Some very high quality locations and venues
- Excellent visitor attractions, including heritage, sports, culture, coast and the natural landscape