Coast to Capital is an economically unique, diverse and beautiful region, characterised by thriving rural, urban and coastal towns and cities and the South Downs National Park. Our area includes the London Borough of Croydon, East Surrey, Gatwick Diamond, Brighton & Hove, Lewes and West Sussex.
- Population of 2 million people - 1.2 million working aged
- Successful economy contributes £49.8bn GVA to the UK economy
- 78.8% total employment
- nearly 90,000 businesses offering more than 800,000 jobs
Despite the strength of our economy, we still have economic challenges and we are committed to maximising our productivity and potential and meeting the challenges set out in the Government’s Industrial Strategy.
In the six years since we were created, Coast to Capital has made significant progress and we have begun to deliver significant change in the region:
- Demonstrating leadership on strategic issues facing our regional economy, including around transport infrastructure, the development of skills to serve our future economy, and the economic importance of housing in the region
- Attracting more than £300m of public investment to upgrade our regional infrastructure to increase the economic capacity of our region along with our Growing Places funding which is supporting high potential businesses to grow and expand
- Developing and delivering services to businesses in the region, focusing on SME and scale-up growth, exports and helping the education sector align with business needs
Coast to Capital is committed to supporting young people not only by delivering the skills commitments in our business plan and delivering the Enterprise Adviser Network programme but by our dedication as an employer. We offer internships, apprenticeship and work experience, working with further and higher education in our area.
We are a small, highly motivated and engaged team which is very ambitious for the future of the region. We pride ourselves on our high professional standards and the work that we do with partners across the region. Meet our team here.